The material that has already been cooled in the preceding work steps is heated up again in heating furnaces for the further processing steps.
Proxitron infrared sensors and light barriers monitor and check these upstream production processes at a number of positions, such as the roller conveyor, the cold saw, the rotary hearth furnace, the rotary forge mill, the flanging press, the push bench, the detaching mill, the hot saw, and the reheating furnaces, and thus assure a smooth and fault-free progression.
The reheating furnaces are especially challenging due to the high temperatures that are prevalent there.
The discharge of the heated bloom or billet is monitored by light barriers of the type LAA/LSA 600. The position and distance measurement can take place with optical distance measurement, which works reliably on material with temperatures of up to 1300 °C.
You can also get different types of thru-beam sensors, reflective light barriers, LMB optical distance measurement, and Piros infrared sensors from Proxitron, depending on the application and prevailing ambient temperatures. For extreme temperatures (up to 600 °C), you can choose between devices with optical fibre variants with a cooling housing (200 °C). An affordable variant in an indestructible stainless steel housing (75 °C) can be used for less extreme conditions.
The actuation temperature of Proxitron infrared sensors can be flexibly adapted to the temperature of the object from cold 250 °C to hot 900 °C. We offer optional air flushing in order to keep the lenses free from soot and scale.
Piros pyrometers and/or infrared thermometers from Proxitron can be exposed to ambient temperatures of up to 250 °C and detect or check the temperature of the material before and/or after discharge from the reheating furnace with a measuring range of up to 2500 °C.
Your benefit, your advantage
- High availability
- Extremely robust
- Infrared sensors: Actuation temperature variable from 250°C - 900°C
- Light barriers: extreme functional reserve
- 35 years of application experience worldwide
- Cost-optimised with scaling depending on the installation location
- Provision of samples for a test period
- Application consulting / analysis
More sensors for steel works
- Inductive surface sensors for roller paths >>
- High temperature proximity switches >>
- Pyrometers for contactless temperature measurement >>
- Hot metal detector in protection tube system for integration in roller paths >>