In hot rolling mills the steel is rolled or reduced to a specific measurement (flat product) from a semi-finished material, such as slab, in the blooming train. It is in the finishing train that the rolled product receives the surface quality necessary for further processing. At the end of this process, there is often a surface inspection with subsequent cooling section and coiler. Proxitron light barriers are used to detect the head and foot of the hot strip. The light barriers can be scaled depending on the installation location and prevailing ambient temperature. Infrared sensors monitor and check for the presence of an object in a specific position and pyrometers and/or infrared sensors measure the temperature of the rolled product on the cooling section and upstream from the coiler.
In addition to our light barriers, infrared sensors and pyrometers, our inductive special sensors and proximity switches are used especially in steel and hot rolling mills worldwide. The contactless detection of objects - e.g. during coils transport - is just the first advantage Proxitron sensors offer. They feature a special design for operation under extreme conditions and long service life.
Your benefit, your advantage
- High availability
- Extremely robust
- Infrared sensors: Actuation temperature variable from 250°C - 900°C
- Light barriers: extreme functional reserve
- 35 years of application experience worldwide
- Cost-optimised with scaling depending on the installation location
- Provision of samples for a test period
- Application consulting / analysis
More sensors for steel works
- Inductive surface sensors for roller paths >>
- High temperature proximity switches >>
- Pyrometers for contactless temperature measurement >>
- Hot metal detector in protection tube system for integration in roller paths >>