Long products comprise pipes, rods, profiles, etc. The precise position and positioning as well as the length measurement of the product play an essential role in the production of long products in the scope of the rolling process and the transport - i.e. from the cooling bed.
Thru-Beam Sensors and reflective light barriers signal the passage of the long product at a specific position and, in combination with other devices, such as the Proxitron LMB for laser distance measuring, enable the exact positioning and length measurement of the object at temperatures of up to 1300 °C.
Pyrometers/infrared thermometers enable contact-free measurement and monitoring of the temperature of the material, which is essential for the quality of the end product, and can withstand the same harsh conditions as any other Proxitron special sensor.
You can also scale one-way light barriers, reflective light barriers, photoelectric sensors, laser distance light barriers, and infrared sensors from Proxitron depending on the application and the prevailing ambient temperature. For extreme temperatures (up to 600 °C), you can choose between devices with optical fibre variants with a cooling housing (200 °C).
An affordable variant in a durable stainless steel housing (75 °C) can be used for less extreme conditions.
Your benefit, your advantage
- High availability
- Extremely robust
- Infrared sensors: Actuation temperature variable from 250°C - 900°C
- Light barriers: extreme functional reserve
- 35 years of application experience worldwide
- Cost-optimised with scaling depending on the installation location
- Provision of samples for a test period
- Application consulting / analysis
More sensors for steel works
- Inductive surface sensors for roller paths >>
- High temperature proximity switches >>
- Pyrometers for contactless temperature measurement >>
- Hot metal detector in protection tube system for integration in roller paths >>