Continuous casting lines, block casting lines, and billet casting lines continuously deliver semi-finished product for further processing in the rolling train. Proxitron light barriers, Piros infrared sensors and pyrometers are ideally suited for material recognition and monitoring in the area of the cut-to-length line and recognition of the approaching piece.
The sensors are designed for use under the harsh and extreme conditions in this segment of a steel mill that is so crucial for the quality of the steel. You can get differenz types of Light barriers and infrared sensors from Proxitron depending on the application and the prevailing ambient temperature. For extreme temperatures (up to 600 °C), you can choose between devices with optical fibre variants with a cooling housing (200 °C). An affordable variant in a durable stainless steel housing (75 °C) can be used for less extreme conditions. At the same time, the actuation temperature of Proxitron infrared sensors can be flexibly adapted to the temperature of the object from cold 250 °C to hot 900 °C.
We offer optional air flushing for the lens, a laser adjustment aid for quick alignment, and comprehensive accessories for quick and secure mounting and protection of the devices.
Your benefit, your advantage
- High availability
- Extremely robust
- Infrared sensors: Actuation temperature variable from 250°C - 900°C
- Light barriers: extreme functional reserve
- 35 years of application experience worldwide
- Cost-optimised with scaling depending on the installation location
- Provision of samples for a test period
- Application consulting / analysis
More sensors for steel works
- Inductive surface sensors for roller paths >>
- High temperature proximity switches >>
- Pyrometers for contactless temperature measurement >>
- Hot metal detector in protection tube system for integration in roller paths >>